Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Please check back!
This index will be updated regularly as APLS staff finish guides. Be sure to check back in with us often! Contact APLS Reference by email using the Email Me link on this page for assistance.
- COVID-19 Resources. APLS's all-purpose COVID-19 LibGuide contains current data, Alabama health resources, resources for public libraries, and information on prevention and pandemic preparedness. Includes printable handouts/posters. While the guide's target audience is Alabama public libraries, the information can benefit anyone.
- Family Quarantine Resource Guide. How can you keep kids entertained during the coronavirus crisis? Whether you’re a stay-at-home parent or working from home, there are plenty of ways to keep the whole family from going stir-crazy. This guide has helpful resources and activities for kids, teens, and adults, and includes virtual learning resources.
- Resources Available When Your Library Is Closed. Many libraries throughout the state are closing due to heightened concerns around COVID-19. But just because the library is closed doesn't mean you can't access library resources! This LibGuide contains links to resources that all Alabamians have access to at home and for free. Select a tab from the menu to find the information you need.
- How to Use Homework Alabama. This guide will walk parents, students, teachers, and everyone else through how to access and use Homework Alabama. It also has information on who to contact if your are having access issues and who to contact if you have issues with anything else.
- Library Re-Opening Tip Kit. Best practices and resources for serving patrons in a COVID-19 environment. Includes resources for health and safety in the library, youth resources, programming ideas, Summer Reading Program resources, webinars and training for library staff, and much more.